Wednesday, June 8, 2011

GG...

It's done! The most special portrait I have ever drawn. This is a portrait of my late grandmother, Phyllis or GG as I called her, taken from a photo of her in her twenties. She had always been one of the biggest supporters of my art, so when she passed I wanted to do something very extraordinary for her. With only a month until the memorial I knew this would also be a major challenge; it had to be absolutely perfect and in so little time. The framed portrait was the only image placed up by the podium where the speakers stood for the ceremony. I knew it was just right when it brought tears to my grandfather, JJ’s, eyes. He was my biggest critic since he knew her better than anyone. I received a lot of compliments but more importantly I knew GG would have loved it. I only wish she could have see it. I gave it to JJ with all the love in the world.

© Anna Johnson, 2011. All Rights Reserved.


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails